Tuesday, September 22, 2009

IFESH American Educators for Africa


An alumna of the International Foundation for Education and Self Help's former Teachers for Africa program (Gabon, 1994-95; and Ghana, 2002-2003), I am embarking upon my third volunteer tour of duty. IFESH continues it self help and development programs in 9 African countries under its new International/American Educators for Africa funded by USAID for $8 million for the next three years (until 2012). I am one of the blessed 55 volunteer teachers, and my assignment is to lead a higher diploma program at Aksum University, Tigray Region, Northern Ethiopia for the next two years. I depart for Addis Abba a week from today for in-country orientation and travel onward to Aksum.
Aksum is an ancient, sacred city, located in the Tigray Region, in the Mehakelegnaw Zone, and its regional capital is Mek'ele.

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Ross....good news from you! I am very excited for you and the journey you are embarking upon. I look forward to reading your POSTS and learning more of the experiences you will be participating in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha, Thank you. I hope you have been following my sojourns. eBlogger has lost many of them so I hope you saw them before they were moved (and lost) in "Heritage" archives. I'm still at it. Headed to Bhubanesawar Odisha, India in December 2020. Covid-19 has halted everything. More to come

    ReplyDelete